Find Joy. Seek Truth. Be Kind.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ask a Homeschooler

Tonight my children begged to watch the Super Bowl, so I sit here watching them get some new cultural knowledge. :-D

Tomorrow I'll be part of an "Ask a Homeschooler" panel at a local coffee shop. Four brave homeschooling moms will let members of the general public ask them questions about homeschooling. Ack!

As I prep I made a little hand-out with the information I most often pass on to new homeschoolers. It's by no means complete, but hopefully it will be of some use to some body.
Let me know if I left out your favorite resources.

And, wish me luck?

Colorado Homeschooling Law
Home Education Magazine – Getting Started
American Homeschool Association

Some favorite books
Better Than School, by Nancy Wallace
How Children Learn, and Teach Your Own, by John Holt
Dumbing Us Down, by John Gatto
A Thomas Jefferson Education, by Oliver DeMille
A Well Trained Mind, by Susan Wise Bauer
The Book of Learning and Forgetting, by Frank Smith



1 comment:

Wendy said...

It's like you read my mind. I went to your Facebook page to get some beginner info on homeschooling and here it is :). Coincidence??? Thank you! - Wendy