Find Joy. Seek Truth. Be Kind.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Post from a 9 year old's note book

Wild Child's Childhood ( As dictated to Mom one night)

I'm writing this down because I want other people to know how I think. I want other children to know what my childhood was like, even after I'm dead.


I wish I knew what it was like as a child who would grow to be a great writer, or inventor or composer. I think it might have felt like what I feel. I don't think other people feel like I do.


Sometimes I have a hard time with my emotions. Sometimes I think I'm a little depressed.


My mind is a little like a computer. I have a big screen in my mind and I can see what I'm thinking. There's not much smell or sound, but there are pictures. Sometimes there aren't pictures, but I can see my thoughts on the screen.


Those people who know about minds? They wouldn't understand mine. I want to tell people, but they wouldn't understand.


I don't want to talk to a therapist. I don't like talking. I don't like talking to people. You're (mom) the person I can talk to. You know me best.


I'm not a social person. I don't talk to people about stuff.

(You have lots of friends says Mom) Yes, but we do stuff, we don't talk about stuff. I can talk to you about stuff.


I've always wanted to fly. Phtt That's why I invented phtt the floater feet. Phtt I think of things. I want to fly with wings phtt not in a plane, but flying where I can see phtt things close phtt (phtt is the noise he is making as he talks, think kid airplane engine noise)


(This is after I've given him a notebook and he's drawn his idea for this invention. His ideas come faster than he can write/draw, so he gets frustrated, but he's agreed that trying to write them is better than not)

No comments: