Find Joy. Seek Truth. Be Kind.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April's Books


Ah... how nice to have had some time and energy to read some books this month.  Maggie Stiefvater is always wonderful, and The Scorpio Races didn't disappoint.  While at least one of the stories in Places I Never Meant to Be was disturbing enough I'd rather not have read it, I'm glad I read the other stories.  The bibliography of What the Dormouse Said gave me lots of more children's books to explore.  Steve Jobs was a fascinating peak in to Silicone Valley as well as into the mind of an intensely creative and driven person.  Make the Bread, Buy the Butter had so many good recipes I may need to buy it, or at least check it out again.  Suck Your Stomach in... had much less healthy recipes, but a lot of humor and southern insight.  The Kazdin Method didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but 1 dud out of 7 isn't bad!

No comments: