Find Joy. Seek Truth. Be Kind.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

December Books



The Psychopath Whisperer was the only real book I read this month.  It was interesting, and I think my 13yo would enjoy it.

Eat Dirt was really just a promotion for other low-content stuff from the author. Meh...

Mother Can You Not, is a quick read of short essays inspired by the CrazyJewishMother twitter account.  It's light and funny.

The Berne book shows it's age (1964) with clearly dated language and sexist ideas.  Reading though, I could hear how influential it has been, as some of the language, such as giving "strokes" is still used today.  It made me sad an angry to read the victim blaming, and the derision of women in the book, but I could also see how it would be useful for writers of fiction for the many "scripts" it described.

No comments: