Find Joy. Seek Truth. Be Kind.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Past me vs Present and Future me

Does anyone else have time laden conversations with themselves?

Like Present me is grateful to Past me for taking pictures of the garden, especially the iris in bloom so I know what colors they are when I'm separating them. 
But Present me is also somewhat irked because Past me planned to organize the photos such that Future me could easily see what was where without having to search through years of photos. 
Past me was also going to make beautiful photo albums for each of the children when they turned 18.  Or 21.  Or 22.  But Past me has not been as helpful as she intended. 
Present me would like to do better for Future me, but Present me is also already talking to Future me about exactly when would we have the time for that kind of bullshit?  It's a nice idea and all, but I don't see you doing it either bitch, so cut the complaining already.

Also, pouring through the photos makes Present me jealous of Past me, who got to travel and take lots of fun camping trips.  Present me wants to do that, but thinks that being a thoughtful adult means that would be a stupid and irresponsible action right now.  Present me hopes Future me appreciates our sacrifice.

Ya, so that's a tiny bit of what it's like to live in my head.

These smell like purple kool-aid!




this exists somewhere in the yard, good luck figuring out where




No comments: