Find Joy. Seek Truth. Be Kind.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

December's books


Go out now and buy a copy of "Little Brother". I got it of from Daedalus books (along with a pile of other books) for a Christmas present for my 13 year old. If you haven't found Daedalus books before now - You're welcome. They're a great resource for inexpensive yet still high quality books.

"Little Brother" is not only a exciting ride of a read, it's thoughtful, and thought provoking. Set in modern times, it extrapolates recent technical, social, and political trends to a terrifying conclusion. It's worth buying it just for the "Afterword"s and the Biography in the back. I've now got a nice list of resources and books about programming, cryptography, and literature for Bit Boy and me to explore together. To give you an idea of what I'd compare it to we're now going to explore George Orwell's 1984 and Neal Stephenson's Cryptonom0cron.

I love finding a great new book!

Also. I think I'm starting to get the hang of apostrophe s.

Happy Day!



No comments: