Find Joy. Seek Truth. Be Kind.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Wasn't expecting this

I have no idea how to write this post. I thought long and hard about whether I should even have this topic on this blog. But here's the thing. This is my blog. It's about my life, which is all of one piece. I have another blog, where I put recipes, but that's for my convenience. In Blatherings and Bothering I write about what I'm thinking and experiencing, what I care about or get worked up about. Now I've got something new I'll be thinking about and experiencing, caring about, getting worked up about. It'll be affecting all aspects of our lives, including, maybe especially, homeschooling. So. I'm going to share it with you.

(Breath in. Breath out.)

I have been diagnosed with StageIIIA breast cancer.

Let me tell you, it is not something you ever want to hear - a diagnosis of "malignant cancer". I've spent plenty of time crying, even more time planning and preparing for the coming Year of Hell. I'm not ready. I will never be ready for this. But. Ready or not. Here it comes.

No comments: