Find Joy. Seek Truth. Be Kind.

Monday, January 23, 2017

November/December Books


I need to read more Margaret Atwood.  I read A Handmaiden's Tale a long time ago.  It struck too close to home, I was so traumatized I decided I didn't like the author.  Another case of blaming the messenger I suppose.  Anyway, this summer NPR's Science Friday picked Oryx and Crake for it's book group, and got on my library hold list.  :-)

Mythago Wood took a while for me to get into, but once I did, it was immersive.  Lovely fantasy, dark and light all at once.

Sometimes Magic... was ok, but I barely remember it.  I don't know if that's a commentary of my state of the mind during the holiday season, or just the book.

Building a Movement... is a dense book.  I'll have to read it again to fully digest it.  For anyone interested in the need for a new civil rights movement, it's a must read.

No comments: