Find Joy. Seek Truth. Be Kind.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

NaNoWriMo, again!?!

Yes.  I am quite possibly insane.   Lego Kid and I have decided to do NaNoWriMo again.  

We are crazy busy, which you know is not something I'm good at or seek out.  I'm recovering from yet another surgery (not to mention all the previous cancer treatment).  Bit Boy and I are doing the leg work to get him into high school next year.  We're preparing for an 8 week sabbatical that starts in just a couple of months.  The holidays are approaching.  I have another surgery in Nov.  And in Dec. Last time we did this is was not quite what you would call a success.   What am I thinking?

I'm thinking I want my life back.  If I can't have my previous life, I want another, just as good.  And maybe this will be part of it.

We did have fun with NaNoWriMo, and both of us found that we wrote far more than we would have otherwise.  Also, I've been looking at what I can do with each member of my family as "our own" activity.  This last year as my health declined, I've discovered that much of our bonding time was doing physical activities; kayaking, hiking, biking, gardening, swimming, ice skating, etc.  (I'm not athletic, but I was active.)  I miss that bonding time.  I'm not so active anymore.  While I hope to be active again at some healthier point in the future, this has pointed out to me how lopsided my relationships were.  For the Lego Kid creativity reigns, and making up stories is something he does all the time.  Writing is not, but is possibly a good next step in his growth.  And goodness knows I could use some extra practice too!

Wish us luck!


1 comment:

Sue VanHattum said...

I'm doing it too. And for me success means having fun and writing fictional words I wouldn't have written otherwise. I have no interest in stressing myself out about a particular word count.