Find Joy. Seek Truth. Be Kind.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

September's Books

Nope.  Not a lot of reading going on this month.  I've been busy with medical appointments, running kids around, and sleeping.  (If you can be "busy" sleeping, that is. ) 

I had an anniversary reaction and found myself wanting to read "The Stand" again.  We read it for PLC at CU in the fall of 1985, and somehow when this fall rolled around I craved it again.  It's nearly as good this time around as it was the first.  I don't like horror as a rule, and can't take all of his writing, but Mr. King can weave a web and  tell a story like no one else.

"How to be Sick" is a dense book, one I'll probably end up buying for myself.  It has been incredibly useful to me.  I'd rank it up there with "Full Catastrophe Living" and "Whole Child/Whole Parent" for it's value and influence on me.

1 comment:

Shawn Walter said...

Have you read King's Dark Tower series? Not his normal horror stuff and definitely an intricate tale. As a bonus for you, the series is DONE so you don't have to wait 10yrs in the middle of it for the next book like I did. Unless you did read it when he wrote them, in which case you did wait.